Brilliant round diamonds are a popular choice of diamond for many couples due to their classic look and timeless beauty. They have captivated many hearts over the years, but it’s important to consider both the pros and cons before making any purchase. Before we dive into some reasons why you might want to…or not want to…purchase a brilliant round diamond, let’s explain a bit more general background information about what the “brilliance” of a diamond even means.
A diamond’s brilliance comes from the fact that it is made of pure carbon, compressed under intense pressure and heat to form a crystal structure with exceptional strength and durability. This makes diamonds virtually indestructible, giving them an incomparable beauty that can last forever. In addition to its remarkable physical characteristics, the unique refraction of light through a diamond’s facets gives it unparalleled sparkle and fire — traits for which diamonds are renowned worldwide. Diamonds come in many shapes and sizes – cuts range from round brilliant cuts, which maximize their natural luster, to fancy-shaped stones like marquise or princess cut diamonds which accentuate their elegant proportions. The intensity of color also plays an important role in determining the value of any particular stone: while most commonly sought-after are colorless stones (graded D-F on the GIA scale), hues ranging from yellow to pink can often be found at much lower prices yet still feature immense beauty coupled with excellent clarity grades too!
Okay, now into the pros and cons of round brilliant cut diamonds!
- On the one hand, brilliant rounds offer maximum brilliance because they reflect more light than other shapes, which is ideal for those looking for an eye-catching sparkle in their ring.
- These diamonds also tend to be very affordable compared to other fancy-shaped stones like emeralds or marquise cuts since they are cut from larger pieces of rough stone. This makes them easier and less expensive to produce en masse.
- As mentioned earlier, these diamonds will never go out of style, so you can guarantee that your piece will stay fashionable no matter how trends may change over time.
Now, let’s discuss the drawbacks associated with Round Brilliant Cut Diamonds:
- It often lacks originality – everyone has seen a brilliant round diamond at least once in their life! The princess cut is a more original cut that stands out for its unique shape. This square or rectangular-shaped diamond has pointed corners and resembles an inverted pyramid when viewed from above. Princess Cut diamonds have become increasingly popular over recent years due to their modern look and brilliant sparkle created by their many facets. Other unique shapes include the Cushion cut, which combines a traditional round shape with softer edges, creating an old-world charm feel, and a pear-shaped diamond offers an elegant teardrop silhouette that will be sure to turn heads! Marquise cuts feature two tapered ends, giving them amazing length and making them appear larger than they actually are – perfect for anyone wanting maximum impact in terms of size without breaking the bank!
- Depending on price point, not all brilliant rounds will display well since clarity grades play a huge role in determining how much fire or flash is visible when exposed to direct lighting conditions (this especially applies if you’re considering purchasing online).
If you’re set on buying a Round Brilliant cut diamond, that’s wonderful. But you should take the time to make sure you’re purchasing the diamond in person and from a reliable vendor. This will guarantee you the value and style you’re looking for in the Round Brilliant cut diamond versus another type of diamond.